Italian Egg and Orzo Scramble
An Italian twist on breakfast - scrambled eggs, orzo pasta, asparagus and pancetta scrambled together
- Bring large saucepan of salted water to boil. Add orzo and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Drain orzo.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs, salt and pepper to blend.
- Stir in cheese and basil. Set aside.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta and sauté about 5 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
- Add onion and sauté about 2 minutes, or until tender.
- Add asparagus and sauté about 2 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Add orzo and stir to coat.
- Add egg mixture to pan. Using rubber spatula, stir mixture and cook about 4 minutes, or until eggs are softly set.
- Transfer egg mixture to serving bowl and serve.
- Add seasonal vegetables of your choice
- Daypart suggestion: lunch through dinner