Huevos con Chorizo Sandwich
A breakfast sandwich featuring scrambled eggs, chorizo sausage, shredded cheese and diced vegetables.
- Preheat broiler.
- Slice open sub roll. Toast until lightly golden.
- Coat bottom of small nonstick sauté pan with cooking spray. Add eggs. Over medium heat, scramble eggs until slightly underdone.
- Layer eggs on toasted open sub roll.
- Add chorizo and shredded cheese.
- Place open-faced sandwich in broiler. Cook about 1 minute, or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Remove sandwich from broiler.
- Top with tomatoes, green onion and jalapeños.
- Drizzle sour cream over vegetables and serve open-faced.
- Serve as a handheld breakfast sandwich or a open-faced entrée.
- Daypart suggestion: breakfast, lunch or dinner