Hibachi Shrimp with Japanese White Sauce
Hibachi shrimp served with snow peas and yellow onions topped with Japanese white sauce.
- Prepare Japanese white sauce: In medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, lemon juice, yuzu juice, salt, vinegar, miso and water. Whisk to thoroughly combine.
- While whisking, add 1 ¾ cups vegetable oil, a few drops at a time, to create emulsion. Pour in slow stream, beating well after each addition. Texture should be similar to thick mayonnaise. Reserve white sauce.
- Prepare hibachi shrimp: Preheat griddle to 350°F. Add 1 tsp. oil to hot griddle.
- Add onions. Sauté 1 minute.
- Add peas and shrimp. Sauté until shrimp are opaque and almost fully cooked.
- Ladle 4 Tbs. white sauce over shrimp and vegetables; do not mix.
- Pour 2 Tbs. water around edge of griddle; cover. Let steam 1 minute. Uncover.
- Gently remove shrimp and veggies from pan and serve immediately.