Herbed Potato Gnocchi
Creamy Homestyle mashed potatoes are used to create thick, pillowy dumplings that are sure to please pasta lovers.
- Fill 2-qt. pot with water. Add kosher salt. Cover and bring to boil.
- Cook mashed potatoes using preferred method.
- In large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, liquid eggs, 2 1/4 cups flour, chives, thyme, parsley and salt.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove 1/4 of dough. Place on clean surface dusted with flour.
- Generously dust dough with flour and roll into 1/2"-diameter log.
- Using knife or bench scraper, cut dough log into 1/2" pieces. Reserve on floured sheet pan.
- Repeat steps 5-7 for remainder of dough.
- Place gnocchi in rapid boiling water. Once they begin to float, cook another 3 minutes, then remove from water. Reserve. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in sauté pan over medium heat.
- Saute boiled gnocchi in butter until lightly browned.
- Serve hot.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® mashed variety with this recipe.
- For a signature dish, top with your house pasta sauce.