Hash Brown Waffle
Lightly battered hash browns are pressed in an iron and topped with mustard maple syrup and prosciutto for a savory snack.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Preheat waffle iron.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Simply Potatoes Special Cut Hash Browns, oil, egg, flour, salt, and black pepper. Mix well and reserve.
- Grease the waffle iron with pan spray. Fill the waffle iron with 1/3 of the potato mixture. Close the waffle iron and cook until the waffle is crispy and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Repeat Step #3 an additional two times to cook remaining waffles.
- Meanwhile, arrange the prosciutto in an even layer on a parchment-lined sheet tray. Bake for 2-3 minutes until warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the maple syrup, fig preserve, and whole grain mustard. Mix well and reserve.
- To serve, top 2 waffle segments each with 2 Tbsp of the maple syrup mixture, 2 slices of prosciutto, and ¼ cup of arugula
- Make it one of your signature all-day breakfast items.
- Explore spicy sausage patties, Canadian bacon and other different proteins.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® shredded variety with this recipe.