Grilled Tempeh & Egg Bánh Mì Sandwich
A global breakfast sandwich with egg whites, grilled tempeh and fresh herbs and vegetables.
- In small bowl, combine soy sauce, ½ teaspoon honey, lime juice, ginger and garlic. Mix well.
- Add tempeh. Marinate 1 hour.
- In another bowl, combine rice wine vinegar, salt and remaining ¼ teaspoon honey.
- Add carrots, radishes and cucumber. Toss to coat slaw in dressing. Reserve.
- Preheat grill.
- Remove tempeh from marinade. Place on hot grill. Grill 4 minutes per side, turning every 2 minutes.
- Remove from grill. Slice into ¼-inch pieces. Reserve.
- Spread Sriracha mayonnaise on insides of toasted baguette, top and bottom.
- Place grilled tempeh slices on baguette bottom.
- Cut heated omelet in half. Layer halves side by side over tempeh.
- Top with carrot slaw. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro leaves.
- Add baguette top and serve immediately.
- For another option, substitute grilled pork or chicken for tempeh
- For another version, use Papetti’s® Table Ready® Whole Egg Omelet #76007