Green Eggs and Ham Omelet
Egg white filled with prosciutto and provolone, topped with spinach-basil pesto
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the tomatoes skin-side-down on a parchment-lined sheet tray. Drizzle with oil. Transfer to oven and roast until lightly browned and wilted, about 25 minutes. Reserve.
- Top each heated omelet with 2 slices of prosciutto, 2 pieces of roasted tomatoes, and 1 slice of cheese cut in half. Fold the omelet to close.
- Heat in oven or microwave until cheese is melted and omelet is hot throughout.
- Top each omelet with 1 Tbsp. of pesto, and serve.
- Swap the provolone with fresh mozzarella, and add a few sprigs of fresh basil for a caprese salad twist.
- Simply skip the prosciutto for a vegetarian-friendly option.
- Sub fresh, local, in-season heirloom tomatoes in place of the Roman variety.