General Tso's Chicken
Fried chicken and stir-fry vegetables coated in General Tso's sauce.
- Preheat deep fryer to 350° F.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine whole eggs, salt, white pepper and 2 Tbs. cornstarch. Mix well.
- Add chicken pieces. Toss well. Set chicken/egg mixture aside for at least 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, sprinkle 3 Tbs. cornstarch over chicken. Carefully toss with fingers to completely coat. Add more cornstarch if needed. Shake off excess cornstarch.
- Carefully place chicken pieces in hot fryer. Cook 3-4 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown. Remove and drain.
- Preheat wok over high heat. Add vegetable oil to hot wok.
- When oil starts to smoke, add chicken. Fry 30 seconds - 1 minute, to re-crisp chicken.
- Add onions and peppers. Stir-fry 10 seconds.
- Add sauce. Toss to completely coat.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and serve immediately.