French Toast Stick Bread Pudding
This classic bread pudding is made with french toast, for a new spin on a timeless dessert.
- In small saucepan, warm cognac just to a simmer. Do not boil. Remove from heat, add raisins, and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Place French toast sticks in large bowl. Add melted butter and toss gently. Let sit for 5 minutes so bread absorbs the butter.
- Whisk together milk, cream, eggs, sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Pour evenly over French toast sticks. Add raisins and cognac. Toss gently. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove bread pudding from refrigerator and let rest on counter. Preheat oven to 450º F. Butter a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the buttered casserole evenly with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Pour bread mixture into prepared casserole. Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve with vanilla bean ice cream.
- Top with sliced strawberries and fresh whipped cream.
- Daypart suggestion: lunch through late night.