A filling and fresh take on an Italian classic.
- Mix 2 quarts of eggs with peppers and cheese in a well-oiled half pan.
- Bake eggs in 250º F oven for 20 minutes. Cool.
- Cut eggs into 3” squares.
- Place 1 cup of eggs in bowl and place flour in another bowl. Dip egg squares in egg wash, then dredge in flour, turning to coat all sides. Repeat egg and flour dredging.
- Place bread crumbs in bowl. Dredge egg squares in bread crumbs, coating all sides evenly.
- Place breaded egg squares in a deep fryer, well-oiled 350º F flattop grill or sauté pan. Cook until golden brown. Serve immediately.
- Top with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese
- Serve with a side salad and crusty bread
- Daypart suggestion: lunch through dinner