Creamy Mexican Egg Dip with Chipotle Pub Chips
Great as a side or appetizer, creamy Mexican egg dip with chorizo, peppers and cheese served with a side of chipotle spiced pub chips.
- Place potatoes in 375°F deep fryer. Cook 5–7 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and drain. Immediately sprinkle with salt and chipotle powder. Set aside.
- In sauté pan over medium heat, cook chorizo 2-3 minutes, or until cooked through.
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, heavy cream, red peppers, salt and half the green onion slices.
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan over low heat.
- Pour egg mixture into pan. Cook 3 minutes, or until smooth, stirring constantly.
- Add cheeses. Stir until melted.
- Add chorizo. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Pour into bowl and top with remaining green onions. Serve with fried potato chips.
- For a spin on traditional Chilaquiles, serve over tortilla chips
- Daypart suggestion: breakfast through late night