Chorizo Cheddar Smashed Potatoes
These chorizo cheddar smashed potatoes go great as side or a unique appetizer.
- Place potatoes in saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to boil. Cook potatoes until soft, about 10-15 mintues. Drain.
- Place potatoes on sheet pan or sauté pan. Smash each to 1/2" thick.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange 1/2 oz. chorizo and 1/2 oz. Cheddar cheese on each potato.
- Put pan in pre-heated broiler. Heat 2 minutes, or until cheese starts to bubble.
- Arrange potatoes on serving plates.
- Top each with scallion slices. Serve hot.
- For another option, substitute any sausage of your choice.