Cheesy Burger & Hashbrown Pie
Wake up to this twist on a classic dish. Cheesy beef is sandwiched between layers of crisp, wide cut hash browns.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place ground beef in non-stick skillet over medium heat. Crumble and cook until browned. Add 1 tsp. salt, 1⁄4 tsp. pepper and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Drain meat. Transfer to medium bowl.
- Add ketchup, mustard and caramelized onions to meat. Mix well. Set aside.
- Place hashbrowns in large bowl. Add Cheddar cheese, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, melted butter, remaining 1 tsp. salt and remaining 1⁄4 tsp. pepper.
- Mix hash brown mixture with clean hands or rubber spatula until well blended.
- Grease 9 ̋ round cake pan. Place half of hashbrown mixture in pan. Flatten hashbrowns into even layer, covering bottom of pan.
- Evenly spread ground beef mixture over hash browns.
- Top with remaining hashbrowns. Spread in even layer, completely covering beef mixture.
- Place pan in hot oven for 1 hour and 25 minutes, uncovered. Slice pie into 8 wedges.
- Serve one slice with drizzle of ketchup.
- Serve with side of scrambled eggs.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® shred variety in this recipe.