Broccoli and Goat Cheese Souffle
A creamy and savory souffle featuring goat cheese and broccoli.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prepare eight 4-oz. ramekins for baking: use 2 Tbs. butter to grease ramekin bottoms and sides. Dust each with 1 Tbs. parmesan, coating all sides. Tap out excess. Set ramekins aside.
- In saucepan melt remaining 3 Tbs. butter. over low heat. Add flour and whisk to incorporate.
- Stir in milk until blended. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add Gruyère and goat cheese. Whisk until melted.
- Pour liquid whole eggs into medium bowl.
- Add about ½ cup of hot cheese sauce to liquid whole eggs. Whisk until well combined.
- Add remaining cheese sauce to liquid whole eggs, whisking until smooth.
- Fold broccoli into mixture.
- In separate bowl, whip liquid egg whites to stiff peak.
- Gently fold egg whites into egg/cheese mixture.
- Divide among ramekins. Place ramekins in hot oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until fully risen and lightly brown on top.
- Serve with a side salad or grilled vegetables
- Daypart suggestion: brunch through dinner