Bourbon Bacon Mashed Potatoes
Creamy Simply Potatoes® Homestyle Mashed Potatoes are smothered in a tangy bourbon and mustard glaze and topped with a sweet and savory candied maple bacon.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lay the bacon on a parchment-lined sheet tray and bake until almost rendered, about 12 minutes. Remove from oven and glaze each piece with maple syrup. Return to oven and cook for an additional 6–8 minutes or until bacon is crispy and browned. Once cooked, remove from oven and let cool slightly. Dice into large pieces.
- For the bourbon mustard glaze, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic and shallot until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Add bourbon and cook until almost evaporated, then add beef stock, beef base, thyme and brown sugar. Reduce to 1 cup volume. Combine the cornstarch and water to form a slurry. Whisk the slurry into the sauce. Bring to simmer, whisking continuously. Add butter and swirl to melt. Strain the sauce through a fine mesh strainer. Add the mustard and whisk to incorporate. Reserve.
- Heat the Simply Potatoes Red Skin Mashed Potatoes per manufacturer’s instructions. Reserve.
- Serve each 4–8 oz portion of potatoes with ¼ cup of bourbon mustard glaze and 2 Tbsp of maple bacon.
- Use maple-roasted bacon for added maple flavor.
- Serve as a shareable dish, or reduce portion size to 4 oz. for single-serve.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® mashed variety with this recipe.