Bergamot Chocolate Profiteroles with Candied Orange
Light and sweet pastries filled with chocolate whipped cream.
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In medium saucepan, combine water, salt, sugar and butter. Gently heat over medium-low heat until butter melts.
- Add flour. Stir with wooden spoon until paste forms, about 1 minute.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Slowly add eggs. Vigorously stir to combine. Batter should be very thick and form a V when dropped from wooden spoon.
- Scoop batter into pastry bag. Pipe 18 uniform balls of about 0.50 oz. onto parchment-lined baking sheet. A tail will form as batter is piped. Gently press down tail with wet finger.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until profiteroles are golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oven and cool.
- In small bowl, combine whipped cream with bergamot flavor. Place in pastry bag.
- Cut hole in each profiterole and pipe in flavored whipped cream.
- Top-dip filled profiteroles with warmed chocolate ganache.
- To serve, plate 3 profiteroles and top each with 1/8 tsp. of candied orange peel.