Baked Mashed Potato Quiche
Savory breakfast with eggs, mashed potatoes, bell peppers and mushrooms.
- Heat oven to 325º F.
- In 12" nonstick skillet, heat 2 Tbs. oil over moderately low heat. Add peppers, onion and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for 5-10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and all liquid from mushrooms is evaporated.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, potatoes and parmesan cheese until combined.
- Stir in hot vegetable mixture.
- In skillet, heat remaining 2 Tbs. oil over moderate heat. Pour in egg-vegetable mixture. Place skillet in oven. (If skillet handle is plastic, wrap in double thickness of foil.) Bake 20-30 minutes, or until set.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
- For a heartier menu option, include diced ham
- Daypart suggestion: lunch through dinner