Bacon Jam & Pimiento French Toast Bites
A sweet and savory snack with french toast, bacon and pimiento spread.
- Prepare bacon jam. This can be done in advance and refrigerated. In large sauté pan over medium heat, melt bacon fat.
- Add diced onions, brown sugar, brewed coffee, maple syrup, vinegar and salt. Cook until onions are caramelized.
- Continue cooking. Reduce liquid until nearly dry.
- Stir in diced bacon. Remove from heat.
- Set bacon jam aside to cool, or refrigerate until needed.
- Prepare pimiento cheese spread. In medium bowl, combine shredded cheddar cheese, cream cheese, red peppers, jalapeños and Worcestershire sauce. Mix thoroughly. Set aside or refrigerate until needed.
- To prepare 1 serving, slice 4 warm french toast sticks into thirds. Evenly top each bite-sized piece with 1 oz. cheese spread and 2 Tbs. bacon jam.
- Store remaining pimiento cheese and jam, covered, up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Serve french toast sticks whole, with jam and cheese on the side for customized topping
- Prepare a to-go version in clamshell package with dipping cups of jam and cheese spread