This easily customizable side goes well with any center-of-plate protein and any day part.
- Liberally coat sautoir pan with butter. Arrange potato slices in concentric rings.
- Lightly brush each layer with clarified butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the potatoes. Cook them over medium heat until bottom layer is brown. Turn potato cake and brown the other side.
- Cook in oven until tender at 400° F, about 30-35 minutes.
- Drain off excess butter and turn potato cake onto a platter. Slice and serve.
- Serve with sour cream
- Perfect side with a variety of center-of-plate proteins, i.e. roasted chicken or steak
- Daypart suggestions: Breakfast through dinner